At Gemstone Foods, LLC of Decatur we provide a wide array of custom and specialty poultry processing services tailored to the unique requirements of each client. Our services include the deboning, cutting, portioning, quick-freezing, purchasing, selling, and/or further processing of poultry and poultry-related items. We have serviced some of the nation’s largest fast food restaurants and poultry suppliers, and are equipped to effectively handle large orders.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Drive a commercial Tractor-Trailer (18 wheels)
- May drive the fork lift
- Perform other duties as assigned in the shipping and receiving department
- Must be able to keep shipping and receiving yard/dock clean
- Keep trailers’ and yard dogs fuel
- Able to help others when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the shipping and receiving department.
- CDL license class A for local deliveries between our two local plants.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 2+ years job-related experience driving large commercial trucks
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
- Pass a company paid DOT physical.
- Prompt, daily attendance.
- Shipping and receiving Sunday work may be required based on production schedule
PPE Required: Safety shoes (impervious/slip resistant)
Schedule: 1st Shift: 6:30am -2:30pm
2nd shift 2:00pm -10:30 pm
3rd shift 10:00pm -6:30am