Perform various tasks including but not limited to operating forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment to transport product and supplies to production lines, to transport product from the production area to storage and shipping, to load product on outgoing trucks, and to unload incoming shipments of product.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must safely load, unload, and transport product to and from docked trucks as specified and at a pace consistent with the rate of incoming shipments, outgoing shipments, and the rate of plant production.
- Must safely transport product and supplies to and from the production floor at a pace consistent with the rate at which it is produced or as specified by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must label product, sort product, and inspect packing technique.
- Must properly assemble and arrange pallets of product.
- Must efficiently load and unload items from docked trucks.
- Must count quantity of items and ensure orders are verified for accuracy.
- Must identify and isolate damaged items and immediately report such items to the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must operate equipment in accordance with operating procedures.
- Must verify pallet jacks and other equipment are maintained on a periodic basis and notify appropriate personnel of any malfunctions.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s safety training.
- Must participate in process improvement and problem solving by utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Must perform other tasks in other areas or departments as directed by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to pass certification for pallet/jack driver license administered by the safety manager.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds