The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates («Company» or «Gemstone Foods») is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks including but not limited to maintaining and repairing ammonia refrigerated equipment.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed. Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security and may install computer cable.
- Maintain ammonia system including compressors, vessels, evaporators, valves, groups etc. One-year ammonia experience preferred.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.