This position will manage and direct supervision of our IQF and Debone (auto/hand) processing production operations. The Shift Manager will ensure production meets objectives at a designed quality level consistent with the lowest cost while maintaining a safe work environment. This position directs a team of Supervisors, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and enforcing Gemstone Foods policies and procedures. Shift Manager is also responsible for the direct supervision, performance, safety and training of salaried employees in the department.
- Managing the IQF and Debone processing production operations of the plant.
- Coordinating the production, maintenance, sanitation, quality, shipping and receiving areas.
- Monitoring performance of each department to meet production efficiency, yield and quality goals.
- Setting objectives and reviewing shift’s performance versus objectives.
- Ensuring sanitation meets USDA standards.
- Coordinating production and sanitation maintenance to meet daily needs.
- Analyzing equipment on a daily basis and reviewing with maintenance Supervisor.
- Providing a clear sense of direction for supervisors and encourage teamwork to achieve goals.
- Monitoring operations to meet company policies, quality specifications, USDA and OSHA standards.
- Conducting plant inspections to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Managing all aspects of operations to assure a safe working environment.
- Taking immediate action to eliminate improper practices or hazardous conditions.
- 5+ years experience in the poultry/food industry required with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with operational and processing management.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.