The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level of productivity regrading goods in the most cost-efficient manner by supporting facility operations and maintaining customer specifications and satisfaction. As a Supervisor you will have direct supervision over performance, safety and training of hourly employees. The Production Supervisor also supports and directs a team of employees, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and enforcing Gemstone Foods policies and procedures.
- Works with the shipping manager to oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activitiesto ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Manage department by establishing procedures and adjusting as necessary to meet shipping schedules, increase efficiencies and meet or exceed budget objectives.
- Ensure efficient transportation and storage of materials used and produced by production lines and the safe and efficient loading and unloading of product to reduce risk of contamination and damage
- Supervises and coordinates activities of employeesengaged in shipping and receiving of products, components, verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment.
- Plans work schedules, assigns duties, and evaluates work for accuracy and conformance to policies.
- Works with management to establish and modify department operational methods and procedures.
- Effectively communicates and motivate employees in order to drive productivity and achieve company goals.
- Promotes a safe work environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with all policies or regulations set forth by OSHA, or various government agencies concerning safety, environment, handling of food products, packaging, ingredients and any related items.
- Directs and supervises employees’ work activities and monitors work performance.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to screen, interview and hire candidates.
- Administers disciplinary actions and recommends performance improvement actions in collaboration with the HR Manager.
- Promotes a cooperative and harmonious environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
- Effective communication both orally and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Bilingual is a plus
- High School diploma or Equivalent required
- 2-3 or more years of pervious Shipping and Poultry experience
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 32 degrees)
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrist in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday
- Climb ladders or scaffolds
- Kneel, stop, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds