Gemstone Foods, LLC is seeking an experienced Shipping Supervisor for our poultry processing plants in Decatur, AL. Looking to fill a 3rd Shift Supervisor.
The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks as the 3rd Shift Supervisor under the direction of the Shipping Manager including but not limited to all operational functions corresponding to managing a shipping department for multiple poultry processing plants.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be responsible for making sure all loaders are loading trucks correctly and all load paperwork is filled out correctly and neatly. He/She is responsible for making sure it is loaded on the correct trailer as well as the correct product is being loaded and on the correct P.O. number.
- Must assure all employees are keeping their work-space clean and hazard free. Also is to make sure all employees are using their GMP’s and wearing them correctly. Must ensure that no smocks or hair/beard nets are being worn in bathrooms or outside areas. Frequently check to make sure all employees are wearing orange safety vest while using equipment or outside on the yard.
- Must assure all loads in or out are out of the door in a timely matter. If for some reason they are not, he/ she must notify upper management of the reason for the delay so that the information can be shared with the customer.
- Must be responsible for all disciplinary action for his/her employees. This includes but not limited to all write up warnings, verbal warnings, suspensions, and terminations. They will always consult with Human Resources prior to the termination of an employee so all options can be discussed.
- They along with the department group leader will be responsible for monitoring new employees training and progress as well as pay raises for experience and length of time here. Remember the raises are based on your judgment of an employee’s capability so before you can judge anyone’s performance you must first know yourself all of Gemstone foods policies and procedures and enforce them daily.
- Must be responsible for making any finished truck B.O.L and scanning the bill to email to the correct people. Also, will be responsible for keeping an accurate inventory of supplies and product. All bills must be reviewed and signed by YOU. No in or outbound load is to leave without being check paperwork, seal, and outgoing temp by the supervisor. If you will be out, you will need to have your lead man of your department trained to do this in your place.
- Is responsible for coordinating with production management on what loads will need to be loaded first and what meat source they will need for the day. You will also be responsible for disposing of trash and yard sanitation. Shipping is responsible for the initial set up of production supplies such as ice, co2, breast meat, boxes, liners, combos, pallets. This is to be done every day without exception during the 30 minutes of time that each shift over-laps.
- Must keep up with the attendance of each employee and tracking their points and absences
- Any other duties assigned by the Plant Management
- Must work at a pace consistent with the rate of product flow or as specified by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must process product in accordance with operating procedures.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Must observe equipment operation and notify appropriate personnel of any malfunctions.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s safety training.
- Must participate in process improvement and problem solving by utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Must perform other tasks in other areas or departments as directed by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time