The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Maintain and control an accurate and sufficient inventory or replacement parts, new equipment for use by the company. Work closely with vendors and all departments to assist with completing accurate and up to date inventory of equipment and parts for scheduled work and approves and receives vendor deliveries.
General Responsibilities & Duties
Verify work orders to vendor invoices. Data entry of parts, equipment and purchases as needed.
- Control and maintain all inventory of parts and equipment to include the safe storage in a clean and well-organized parts room.
- Review and record price changes as required.
- Periodic and annual physical inventories or plant and warehouse.
- Control and maintain purchase order log for all outside purchases.
- Review and verify purchases to insure accurate posting to proper account.
- Assist maintenance manager in maintaining precise control of inventory.
- Maintain accurate inventory files.
- Manage warranty repairs and parts replacements to insure proper reimbursements from vendors.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Advise management of any problems or discrepancies.
In addition, the parts room attendant ensures all parts and equipment are properly stored and safeguarded until needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a HS diploma or equivalent
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- May be required to work nights and weekends.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- This position is performed within a warehouse environment including working in extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.