The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks including but not limited to managing the recruiting function under the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must manage the recruiting function which includes posting, sourcing and interviewing candidates to fill vacancies in all departments for both Decatur, Alabama processing plants.
- Must work with the human resources staff in coordinating Job Previews for all qualified candidates.
- Must establish partnerships with businesses, career centers and other organizations to establish a steady applicant flow.
- Must manage postings on job boards and businesses
- Must participate in recruiting events including job fairs, meetings, etc.
- Must partner with department heads to determine job vacancies
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s safety training.
- Must participate in process improvement and problem solving by utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Must perform other tasks in other areas or departments as directed by the Human Resources Manager or their designee.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.