Monitors and organizes the department to efficiently and effectively produce product according to production schedule, product specifications, food safety regulations and guidelines, and employee safety.
General Responsibilities & Duties
· Organizes leads and employees in a manner that facilitates efficient and effective operation of departments.
· Monitors production equipment and its performance through visual observation, hands-on inspection, and analyzing test data to maintain high quality production in accordance with product specifications and in respect to proper food safety standards.
· Monitors and controls employee performance to ensure proper work techniques, quality products, and compliance with company policies.
· Monitors product quality and production amounts.
· Handles employee relations as needed.
· Counsels and/or disciplines employees when deemed necessary.
· Ensures that employees are properly trained in their job duties and company procedures.
· ommunicates with superintendent, leads and employees about any problems or production details.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be at least 18 years of age.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises standard staffing for the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to speak Spanish preferred.Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of or is able to learn Paylocity including reading, approving and adjusting timesheets. Ability to use Microsoft Office including a working knowledge of Excel.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,
· The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gemstone Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer