The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks including but not limited to transporting boneless breasts and tenders to cutting stations and transporting finished products from cutting stations to the pack-out area.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must transport hand-carried tubs of raw materials and finished product to and from cutting stations at a pace consistent with the speed of sizers or as specified by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s safety training.
- Must participate in process improvement and problem solving by utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Must perform other tasks in other areas or departments as directed by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.