The Medical/Safety Assistant for Gemstone Foods, plants is responsible for providing primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses. Assisting with all aspects of Gemstone Safety and Health programs including but not limited to: training, ergonomics, safety evaluations and compliance.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Review post offer medical history information with employee, assess any concerns and make recommendations for referral or restrictions deemed appropriate.
- Perform medical care for work-related and injuries or illnesses.
- Conducting required screening tests such as drug and alcohol testing;
- Maintaining OSHA state and employee health records;
- Work closely with the EHS Manager.
- Adhering to the highest standard of confidentiality;
- Assists the Safety Department with all aspects of Gemstone Safety and Health programs including but not limited to: training, ergonomics, safety evaluations and compliance.
- Advise, coach and educate employees on preventative health and wellness.
- Identify and assist with workers compensation cases that may include frequent communication with the company workers compensation carrier;
- Assisting with maintenance and documentation of workers compensation files;
- Conduct new hire orientation related to safety/medical.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited EMT program required.
- 1 plus years’ experience in the performance of medical skills relative to occupational health or relevant medical field preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Gemstone Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer