The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks including but not limited to assisting management with the financial function of the Company.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyze current and past financial and non-financial information, risks and trends including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Develop, maintain and refine various reports, financial models, dashboards and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Oversee, manage, and solve problems with Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plans and Modeling tools.
- Streamline existing reports and analyses.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for cost reduction and improved financial performance.
- Must ensure compliance with financial regulatory agencies as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must provide weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports to the corporate controller as well as ad hoc performance metrics for driving management decisions.
- Support the Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis including quality reports and data visualization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Financial Planning and Analysis.
- CPA or CMA accreditations a plus.
- Must be able to pass a financial background check.
- Must be able to travel between Decatur and Florence locations, as well as perform after hours or weekend work as necessary.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Willing to work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must dress and conduct themselves in a professional manner