The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Works in various positions including but not limited to bagging product, placing bags of product in boxes and/or dumping tubs of product into combos.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be able to pack product at a pace consistent with the rate or product flow as specified by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must be able to pack product as stated in customer specifications including number of bags per box.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Must process product in accordance with operating procedures.
- Must observe equipment operation and notify appropriate personnel of any malfunctions.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s safety training.
- Must participate in process improvement and problem solving by utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Must perform other tasks in other areas or departments as directed by the department supervisor or their designee.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in cool temperatures (around 40-50 degrees F).
- Must be able to stand in one position and/or walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and/or twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.