Gemstone Foods is recruiting a Human Resources Manager for its plants located in Decatur, AL. Gemstone is a poultry processing company, specializing in quality products and customer service.
GEMSTONE FOODS, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and professional work in administering and managing plant personnel functions including compensation, recruitment selection, benefits counseling, and supervising HR staff at Plant 1 and 2.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advertising, recruiting, interviewing, assisting in selection of salaried team members to fill vacant positions and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations.
- Preparing reports such as turnover percentages, and personnel activity reports.
- Monitoring adherence to safety regulations including OSHA laws, Workers Compensation, EEO and ADA employment/labor laws.
- Developing curriculum and conducting training for supervisors and crew relating to team member relations, employment policies, and monitoring all disciplinary actions to ensure they are consistent and fair.
- Attend and participate in community functions as a Gemstone representative, working with attorneys in all plant related legal activities, and performing other responsibilities as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Human Resources.
- Requires strong knowledge of the HR field; working knowledge of HR laws and regulations, understanding of employee benefits, safety and health disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills; good presentation skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of ADP HRIS systems
- This position is responsible for supervising a group of personnel in a single department at two locations. Personnel in both locations perform similar and/or interrelated tasks and activities.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL WORK
When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to dust and all chemicals used in poultry food processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Able to stand for several hours.