This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and professional work in administering and managing plant personnel functions including compensation, recruitment selection, benefits counseling, and supervising HR staff at Plant 1 and 2.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advertising, recruiting, interviewing, assisting in selection of hourly and salaried team members to fill vacant positions and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations.
- Preparing reports such as turnover percentages, and personnel activity reports.
- Must enforce Gemstone Foods policies and procedures
- Responsible for meeting reporting deadlines pertaining to hiring, terminations, absenteeism, and safety
- Must be able to handle employee relations issues by reviewing, investigating, and addressing based on State and Federal legal requirements.
- Must assist EHS manager with submitting, reviewing, and managing workers compensation cases
- Monitoring adherence to safety regulations including OSHA laws, Workers Compensation, EEO and ADA employment/labor laws.
- Developing curriculum and conducting training for supervisors and crew relating to team member relations, employment policies, and monitoring all disciplinary actions to ensure they are consistent and fair.
- Attend and participate in community functions as a Gemstone representative, working with attorneys in all plant related legal activities, and performing other responsibilities as they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Human Resources Management experience, preferably in the poultry/food industry.
- Must be proficient in computer business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with operational and processing management.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL WORK
When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to dust and all chemicals used in poultry food processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Able to stand for several hours.