The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Primarily responsible for ensuring proper computer and network systems operation ensuring end-user’s accomplishment of business essential tasks. Includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end users help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in person, hands-on assistance at the desktop and on the production floor. Will recommend solutions while providing training and assistance. This position will support all locations of Gemstone Foods, including Florence and Decatur, AL. Travel to all locations is required.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging incident trends.
- Assist in software releases and roll outs. Communicating to end users.
- Perform hands-on repairs, including installing and upgrading software. Installing hardware, monitoring nightly backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assist in installation of hardware and peripheral components.
- Support wired and wireless networks between facilities.
- Support industrial systems in plant environment. (i.e. computers connected to scales, temperature monitors and label printers).
- Prioritize and schedule problems.
- Record, track, and document help desk request, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken, and final resolution.
- Coordinate activities with network services and other I.T. groups.
- Troubleshoot fileserver problems and contact appropriate service providers as needed.
- Orders and install computer parts and supplies with our purchasing department.
- Ability to comprehend technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Associates Degree required from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) plus years of relevant experience required including windows administration.
- Certifications: A+ or Network + Certifications preferred
- One (1) year application support experience in a networked environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Work, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Understanding of the Spanish language a plus
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills in standardized as well as non-routine problems.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written and diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Maintain a positive, professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills with all levels of staff and production employees
- Able to work under pressure
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent technical knowledge and hands-on experience troubleshooting desktops and server operating systems.
- Technical knowledge and experience with desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Ability to conduct research on P.C. issues and products.
- This position is an on-premises position with after-hours remote work expected when needed.
- Bend and Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stretch up or sideways to pick up or to put aside
- Repetitive motion for 8-9 hours
- Be standing/sitting for 8-9 hours’ daily