Primarily responsible for ensuring proper computer and network systems operation so end-user’s are able to accomplish business essential tasks. Includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end users help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in person, hands-on assistance at the desktop and on the production floor. The systems analyst will recommend solutions while providing training and assistance. This position will support all locations of Gemstone Foods, including Florence and Decatur, AL and will travel to these locations as needed.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging incident trends.
- Administer the roll-out of new software to the end user level.
- Perform hands-on repairs, including installing and upgrading software. Installing hardware, monitoring nightly backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Isolate issues and diagnose/assess to include the determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real time basis and prioritize for timely completion.
- Perform User Account and access control functions in a domain or stand-alone environment
- Perform marking, handling, and storage of classified materials allowing access to only those who need access.
- Support wired and wireless networks between facilities.
- Support industrial systems in plant environment. (i.e. computers connected to scales, temperature monitors and label printers).
- Configure and execute vulnerability scanning tools in conjunction with the company third party administrator (Cybersecurity)
- Record, track, and document help desk request, including decisions made, actions taken, and final resolution.
- Coordinate activities with network services and other I.T. groups.
- Troubleshoot fileserver problems and contact appropriate service providers as needed.
- Orders and install computer parts and supplies with our purchasing department.
- Ability to comprehend technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Associates Degree required from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) plus years of relevant experience required including windows administration.
- Certifications: A+, C++ or Network + Certifications preferred
- One (1) year application support experience in a networked environment
- Experience in Information Assurance and Cyber Security preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Work, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Understanding of the Spanish language a plus
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills in standardized as well as non-routine problems.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written and diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Maintain a positive, professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills with all levels of staff and production employees
- Able to work under independently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent technical knowledge and hands-on experience troubleshooting desktops, laptops, mobile devices and server operating systems.
- Ability to conduct research on P.C. issues and products.
- This position is an on-premises position with after-hours remote work expected when needed.
- Bend and Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stretch up or sideways to pick up or to put aside
- Repetitive motion for 8-9 hours
- Be standing/sitting for 8-9 hours’ daily