· Knowledge of knife sharpening
· Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
· Have basic knowledge of numbers.
· No medical problems with arms, hands and back.
· Able to work in cold temperatures (40-55F)
· Able to communicate with others
HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
· Keep knives sharp every day
· operate the grinding and sharpening machine.
· Keep area clean.
· Separate all the knives according to the cutters number
· Bending, and lift boxes of knives (20-25)
· Be standing for 8-9 hours’ daily
· Repetitive motion with wrist.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: WET/COLD 40 TO 55 F
PPE: All P.P.E. will be provided except for work shoes. (Shoes must be slip proof and water resistant.)
Work material will be required while in the production area.
NO TENNIS SHOES IN THE PRODUCTION AREA WILL BE ALLOWED.
· SPLIT SHIFT: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (until further notice)
· MONDAY-SATURDAY (Sunday if scheduled will be mandatory, check with your Supervisor to see if you are scheduled to work Sundays. You will be given 2 (30 minute) breaks (Not paid).
Job Type: Full-time