Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable and Technical understanding in Maintenance,
- Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail
- Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
- Able to lift 70-100 Pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
- Have basic knowledge of numbers.
- No medical problems with arms, hands and back.
- Able to work in cold temperatures (40-55F)
- Able to work alongside others.
- Manage the maintenance staff to stay efficient and productive.
- Ability to assist upper management in quoting the required equipment.
- HVAC experience highly desireable
- Manage and approve maintenance staff’s time and attendance.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security and may install computer cable.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Bending, lift reaching up or side way
- Lift (70 up to 100 pounds)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: WET/COLD 30 TO 55 F