The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance projects at the assigned location(s) to assure that machinery, grounds and buildings are kept in workmanlike condition, meeting or exceeding regulatory compliance.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes, works on and assigns work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment in support of production operations.
- Identify parts or machines needing new or replacement parts.
- Construct maintain and test mechanical equipment, machinery and components.
- Supervise and schedule the installation maintenance and repair of refrigeration and air handling equipment in company buildings.
- Respond to requests by production area when mechanical issues with equipment have been identified.
- Works closely with other departments such as Product Development and Quality Assurance in resolving maintenance related issues. Communicate with production and personnel to diagnose problems and to determine potential mechanical problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Other projects and duties as assigned with the ability to complete assigned tasks with accuracy and efficiency, regarding time as well as resources.
- Knowledgeable and Technical understanding in Maintenance,
- Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail
- Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Minimum 2-3 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment (preferably poultry).
- Basic knowledge of standard and metric measures.
- Must be able to work assigned days/shifts (including some Sunday’s)
- Valid Alabama driver’s license with good driving record
- Bending, lift reaching up or side way
- Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
- Able to work in cold temperatures (40-55F)
- Lift (70 up to 90 pounds)
All P.P.E. will be provided except for work shoes. (Shoes must be slip proof and water resistant.)
- Work material will be required while in the production area.
- NO TENNIS SHOES IN THE PRODUCTION AREA WILL BE ALLOWED.