The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market
with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our
management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local
food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching
the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Repair/replace basic mechanical equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and conveying systems.
Perform basic mechanical operations using basic hand and power tools and measurement skills. Perform basic
preventative maintenance tasks and basic machine and process control
General Responsibilities and Duties
• Knowledgeable and Technical understanding in Industrial Maintenance,
• Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail
• Have basic knowledge of numbers.
• Complete preventive maintenance by ensuring oil and grease levels are met, change filters.
• Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of AC electrical theory.
• Use of measuring and precision tools using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments and
use if testing equipment.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and
• Repair/replace brakes & clutches, gears, belts, sheaves/pulley, chains and sprockets, cams, seals and
o-rings, bearings and bushings. Replace couplings and valves (cut-off, pressure relief, etc).
• Repair/replace cylinders, pneumatic/hydraulic motors, hydraulic systems and pumps.
• Replace hydraulic valves. Repair/replace pneumatic/hydraulic lines and hoses, pneumatic solenoids,
and flow controls (pneumatic or hydraulic).
• Repair screw (auger), vibratory, linear motion, and bucket conveying systems. Repair/replace belt and
wire conveyor systems and roller conveyor systems. Replaces and repairs wiring as needed. Repairs
electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration
• May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security and may install computer
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques;
• Complete basic fabrication and welding repairs by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 2 year Associate Degree (AA) in Industrial Maintenance a plus
• 2-3 years general and preventive industrial maintenance experience, in food manufacturing industry
preferred, poultry industry experience a plus.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
• Must be able to work overtime, including Saturday or Sunday if needed.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Perform basic math operations.
• Ammonia/Refrigeration skills a plus.
• Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn routine tasks quickly.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the company policy.
• Must be able to keep up with production and specific orders.
• Must be able to handle a quick and steady pace.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to think ahead to the next production order.
• Bending, lift reaching up or sideways.
• Able to lift 70 pounds.
• Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
• Wet/Cold 40 TO 55 F
• All P.P.E. will be provided except for work shoes. (Shoes must be slip proof and water resistant.)
• Work boots should be steel or composite toed boots.
• Work material will be required while in the production area.