The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledgeable and Technical understanding in Maintenance,
- Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail
- Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
- Able to lift 70-100 Pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
- Have basic knowledge of numbers.
- No medical problems with arms, hands and back.
- Able to work in cold temperatures (40-55F)
- Able to work alongside others.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
- May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security and may install computer cable.
- Bending, lift reaching up or side way
- Lift (70 up to 90 pounds)
- Wet/Cold 40 TO 55 F
All P.P.E. will be provided except for work shoes. (Shoes must be slip proof and water resistant.)
- Work material will be required while in the production area.
- NO TENNIS SHOES IN THE PRODUCTION AREA WILL BE ALLOWED.