The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Assembling and stacking boxes and lids for the production area.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be able to assemble boxes or lids at a rate of 5 boxes per minute
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with your safety training
- Must be willing and able to perform tasks in other areas or departments as directed by members of management
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions, and apply common sense
- Ability to work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work near other employees at some stations (less than 3 feet away)
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally
- Must be able to work in temperatures below 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to walk or stand for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to withstand the use of your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to bend or twist the body
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, couch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds