The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform basic mechanical operations using basic hand and power tools and measurement skills. Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks and basic machine and process control
General Responsibilities and Duties
· Knowledgeable and Technical understanding of the Pacmac bagger & Ishida scale,
· Basic Safety, attention to Detail
· Have basic knowledge of numbers.
- Complete preventive maintenance by ensuring oil and grease levels are met, change filters.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of program adjustments and set ups.
- Adjust functional parts of Pacmac/Ishida and control instruments by using hand tools.
- Repair/replace minor components, heater bars, seal tape, gripper cords, etc…
- Controls downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Bending, lift reaching up or sideways.
· No medical problems with arms, hands and back.
· Able to lift 70-100 Pounds.
· Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
· Wet/Cold 40 TO 55 F
· All P.P.E. will be provided except for work shoes. (Shoes must be slip proof and water resistant.)
· Work boots should be steel toed.