The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Work in various positions including but not limited to segmenting the shoulder joint on one side of a front halve.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must adhere to all safety requirements in accordance with your safety training
- Must be willing and able to perform tasks in other areas or departments as directed by members of management
- Must be able to work at a pace consistent with the speed of the cone line
- Must be able to score equal to, or less than, a one percent on company’s frame scrape procedure
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions, and apply common sense
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations (less than 3 feet away)
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally
- Must be able to work in temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to walk or stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Must use hands to handle, control and feel objects or tools
- Must be able to withstand repetitive motions
- Must be able to bend or twist the body
- Must be able to climb ladders or scaffolds
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, couch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds