The Production Superintendent is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level of productivity, regrading and packing of goods in the most cost-efficient manner by supporting facility operations. As a Superintendent you will have direct supervision over performance (production reports, etc.), safety and training of production supervisors. The Production Superintendent also supports and directs a team of supervisors and employees, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and enforcing Gemstone Foods policies and procedures.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Essential understanding of the production process with departmental functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations in the processing of packing goods
- Responsible for the safety and health of employees, by enforcing departmental policies and procedures regarding safety, General Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards and safe work practices.
- Maintain high production standard to ensure quality and exceed established yield goals for the department.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately in the Time-keeping system (ADP) and resolves any discrepancies
- Manages employee performance, providing positive and or corrective feedback
- Promotes a positive team environment that is fair and consistence within the organization
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Effective communication both orally and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or Equivalent required
- 3 or more years of previous Supervisory and Leadership experience
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 32 degrees)
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Climb ladders or scaffolds
- Kneel, stop, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds