The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
The Production Superintendent is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level of productivity regrading packing of goods in the most cost-efficient manner by supporting facility operations. As a Superintendent you will have direct supervision over performance (production reports, etc.), safety and training of production supervisors. The Production Superintendent also supports and directs a team of supervisors and employees, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and enforcing Gemstone Foods policies and procedures.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Essential understanding of the production process with departmental functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations in the processing of packing goods
- Responsible for the safety and health of employees, by enforcing departmental policies and procedures regarding safety, General Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards and safe work practices.
- Maintain high production standard to ensure quality and exceed established yield goals for the department.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately in the Time-keeping system (ADP) and resolves any discrepancies
- Manages employee performance, providing positive and or corrective feedback
- Promotes a positive team environment that is fair and consistence within the organization
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Effective communication both orally and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or Equivalent required
- 3 or more years of previous Supervisory and Leadership experience
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 32 degrees)
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Climb ladders or scaffolds
- Kneel, stop, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds