Perform various tasks as a Production Supervisor with the support of the Shift and Plant Manager including but not limited to leading a team of over 200 employees while meeting and maintaining production standards.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be able to lead a production team of employees that include production and support personnel while maintaining partnerships with Shipping and Maintenance departments.
- Must work at a pace consistent with the rate of product flow or as specified by the Shift Manager or their designee.
- Must provide support and leadership to all production and support personnel with designated assignments
- Must lead in the process of product in accordance with operating procedures.
- Must understand the production process with departmental functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations in the processing of packing goods
- Must be responsible for the safety and health of employees, by enforcing departmental policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP standards and safe work practices.
- Must maintain high production standard to ensure quality and exceed established yield goals for the department.
- Must manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately in the Time-keeping system (ADP) and resolves any discrepancies
- Must manages employee performance, providing positive and or corrective feedback
- Must promote a positive team environment that is fair and consistent within the organization
- Must be able to work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bilingual a preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.