The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Perform various tasks as a Production Supervisor with the support of the Shift and Plant Manager including but not limited to leading a team of over 200 employees while meeting and maintaining production standards.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be able to lead a production team of employees that include production and support personnel while maintaining partnerships with Shipping and Maintenance departments.
- Must work at a pace consistent with the rate of product flow or as specified by the Shift Manager or their designee.
- Must provide support and leadership to all production and support personnel with designated assignments
- Must lead in the process of product in accordance with operating procedures.
- Must understand the production process with departmental functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations in the processing of packing goods
- Must be responsible for the safety and health of employees, by enforcing departmental policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP standards and safe work practices.
- Must maintain high production standard to ensure quality and exceed established yield goals for the department.
- Must manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately in the Time-keeping system (ADP) and resolves any discrepancies
- Must manages employee performance, providing positive and or corrective feedback
- Must promote a positive team environment that is fair and consistent within the organization
- Must be able to work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bilingual a preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in close proximity (less than 3 feet) to other employees at some stations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in temperatures at and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand in one position and walk for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to use your hands to handle, control, and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must be able to use your hands, arms, and wrists in a repetitive motion for an 8-10 hour workday.
- Must be able to bend and twist your body.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds (if authorized and trained).
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
Must be able to lift 50+ pounds