Directly supervises and leads the plant refrigeration department. Directs daily refrigeration operations, keeping costs to a minimum and reviews key performance indicators to maintain operating efficiencies.
GEMSTONE FOODS, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Maintains and supports an environment that encourages open communication.
- Manage the sites refrigeration functions and direct refrigeration department employees to properly repair refrigeration equipment and ammonia systems.
- Quickly assess mechanical or electrical malfunctions and make recommendations on course of action.
- Ensure compliance in the refrigeration department in areas relating to hazmat, Process Safety Management (PSM), health and safety environmental standards.
- Work to improve and ensure machinery downtime is reduced.
- Lead any training related to refrigeration and related equipment.
- Work to improve costs in the refrigeration department and increase department and plant efficiencies.
- Provides a safe, secure and productive work environment.
- Promotes and supports associate teamwork, providing specific goals and accountabilities. Provides training to new associates.
- High school or equivalent.
- 0 – 3 years experience.
- Requires knowledge in ammonia systems, Process Safety Management (PSM), Kemco water systems.
- Working knowledge of computers and all equipment.
- Requires proven refrigeration and mechanical skills plus supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Maintain a positive, professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills with all levels of staff and production employees
- Able to work under pressure
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL WORK
When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to dust and all chemicals used in poultry food processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
- Able to stand for several hours.