We are seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to perform a range of accounting and support functions. This position will work out of the Florence facility.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
General Accounting and Support Functions
- Perform daily inventory roll-forward, reconciling production with inventory.
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders, prepare customer invoices.
- Prepare journal entries and month-end accruals with supporting documentation.
- Perform account and inventory reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly close processes.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Provide support as necessary to external auditors.
- Partner with the production team to develop and implement efficient inventory management procedures.
- Perform counts, as necessary, to ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company procedure.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 1 – 3 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic standardized calculations.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must dress and conduct in a professional manner
- Must be able to travel to other plants to process documents.