The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC and affiliates (“Company” or “Gemstone Foods”) is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Train and assist newly hired employees in the Sizing department, ensuring they understand and can perform their job to meet and achieve the productivity and yield goals for their position.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Knowledge of Gemstone Foods production cuts
- Be able to use a knife.
- Ability to meet incentive of 95 lbs. an hour at least three incentive periods in a 60-day period.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with others.
- Train new hires in accordance with new hire training plan.
- Able to stand and walk for 8 to 9 hours.
- Have basic knowledge of numbers.
- Able to work in cold temperatures (40-55F)
- To teach skills and knowledge to new employees.
- Monitor product cuts and weights from employees to ensure meet customers specifications.
- Stand and walk for (8-9 hours)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to comprehend simple instructions, and apply common sense.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations (less than 3 feet away)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have adequate hand and eye coordination.
- Must be able to stretch vertically and horizontally.
- Must be able to work in temperatures below 32 degrees.
- Must be able to walk or stand for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must use hands to handle, control and feel objects or tools.
- Must be able to withstand the use of your hands, arms and wrists in a repetitive motion for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend or twist your body.
- Must be able to climb ladders or scaffolds.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, couch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.