Quality Assurance Technician
The mission of Gemstone Foods, LLC is to provide the value-added food service and wholesale poultry market with products that exceed our customers’ expectations. Using the collective poultry experience of our management, we are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers by adhering to strenuous federal and local food and worker safety standards. We also strive to become a premier employer in the community, enriching the local families of our workers, owners, and business partners.
Under the leadership of QA Manager and Supervisor, QA Technician is responsible for monitoring, reporting, finding potential quality issues in production, implementing solutions to mitigate issues and assist with enforcement of Pre-Op, HACCP, SSOP, AQL, GMP. The QA Technician is involved in areas of responsibility including policy implementation, philosophies and department specifications and any additional tasks that are asked by management.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and document each essential duty satisfactorily with minimum supervision for extended work periods. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends according to schedule.
- Must be able to conduct appropriate communication to regulatory agencies (e.g. USDA, FSIS)
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with percentages.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures. Example: Lockout/Tag out (LOTO)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent is preferred
- 1 to 3 years of related experience is preferred.
- Computer experience with MS Office including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with inventory control a plus.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
Below are the potential physical demands that are possible under normal operations. The numbers by each represent the percentage of time that will be spent with that physical demand.
- Lifting (min 50 lbs.) 10
- Pushing 10
- Carrying 10
- Pulling 10
- Standing 100
- Sitting 0
- Climbing Ladders 5
- Temperature 100
(-10 to +110-degree F)